Friday, December 01, 2006

Answers to why we are second class citizens on Friday?

The Columbia Shuswap Hospital District will be holding an open meeting at 10:00Am to Noon at the NORD offices at 9848 Aberdeen Road in Coldstream.
It is open to the Public and Media and some of the notables that will be present are the Hon. Tom Christensen and the Health Minister Hon. George Abbott.
I am hoping that some of the members from our local area will be able to get a response to my open question to our Local MLA, Minister of Health and Minister of Finance.Reply to my e-mail re Hospital Capital Funding in lower mainland !
Could you please confirm that as a property tax holder in Vernon I have the distinct pleasure of helping the province to pay for hospital capital equipment costs (at a 40% rate I believe) through my property taxes and I can look forward to helping to pay for the hospitals in the larger lower mainland cities through my Provincial Income taxes?Is this what we in the HEARTLAND refer to as another Sunshine Tax?

No comments: