Saturday, October 21, 2006

Peter Is singing a different Tune Now

(with apologies to Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town - Kenny Rogers Music & Lyrics : M. Tillis)
Sunday, May 29. 2005 © (original Publishing Date)
Belinda Don't Take Your Vote TO Paul
You've painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair,
Belinda are you contemplating going out somewhere?
The foreshadows of the orchard deal tell me that Brisson will start to call,
Oh Belinda, don't take your vote to Paul.
It wasn't me that started this old crazy political war,
But I was proud to go and be Steven's right wing whore,
And yes, it's true that I'm not the man I used to be,
Oh Belinda, I still need your company.
It's hard to love a man who is second in command
And the wants and needs of a woman your age, Belinda, I understand
But it won't be long, I've heard them say, until Harper starts to fall
Oh Belinda, don't take your vote to Paul.
She's leaving now cause I can hear the tolling of the bell.
The sound I know that soon she'll join the caucus from hell.
And if I could move I'd sure I’d join her on a bet
Oh Belinda, I too want to be in cabinet.
.
Oh Belinda, make room in cabinet.
.

No comments: