Monday, February 18, 2008

The Referendum Blues (Sung to the tune of That's life ! )

That's life, I can do it, the people said I can.
You're riding high in December,
Shot down in Jan
But I know I'm gonna change this rejection,
When I'm back on top, back on top in the next election !

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
A huge majority of people in Vernon get their kicks,
Stompin' on my dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down,
'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

I've been a citizen, a taxpayer, a car dealer,
A mechanic, a ward councillor and a mayor.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I have experienced what the people say is fair
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That's life
I tell ya, I can't deny it,
I never thought of quitting baby,
This old optimistic heart just ain't gonna buy it.
And if I didn't think it was worth another try,
I'd turn over my Mayor's gavel right now and cry.
My, My .
---------------
With apologies to Frank Sinatra and "That's Life"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great!