Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Your Assesment in the North Okanagan

http://www.bcassessment.bc.ca/news/index.asp
This indicates the average selling price increase for June 30, 2008 when compared to June 30,2007 for the NORTH OKANAGAN would be 13.02%.

I have sent an e-mail to the Local Office to get a breakdown by area (Vernon, Coldstream etc.) which would make a better relative comparision.

You can take your 2009 assessment and compare it to your 2008 assessment and calculate how much it has gone up. When you make this calculation you can ascertain if you went up more or less than the average and decide whether you are better off under this FROZEN assessment system.

This is an inaccurate indicator as we are comparing sales to assessment and this is for the whole region but it is the best we have for now.

I have also asked the Local Assessor to give us the figures indicating the average assessment increase of 2008 over 2007 by area (Vernon Coldstream etc.) and if I get them I will make a more valid comparision.

No comments: