Monday, September 16, 2013

Kal Park Trail Put On Hold

Written by Jen Bailey  107.5 KISSFM Monday, 16 September 2013 06:01
Kal Lake Provincial ParkThe proposed 'Eight of Spades' Trail in Kal Lake Park will have to wait. Vernon resident Cam Sorenson says he originally had the support of local government, but is surprised that one group is not in favor. "I want to build the trail, and I don't want to fight politics, so I've put it on the back burner for the time being. I've got other projects that I'm going to work on and when I have more time, I'll dragged some of the people with me and look for solutions that will make everyone happy," he tells Kiss FM. The 23 km trail would travel between the lake and Cougar Canyon, but without a letter of support, Sorenson says he can't get an environmental assessment.Sorenson, an avid cyclist, says the trail would be an asset to tourism in our community, but will have to wait. If approved, the project would take three years to build at a cost of $185,000.

No comments: