Monday, July 21, 2014

Mayor Not Concerned For 'Lame Duck' Label

Written by Peter McIntyre 107.5 KISSM Monday, 21 July 2014 05:21
Vernon's outgoing mayor isn't concerned he could be labelled as a "lame duck' mayor over his final four months in office. Rob Sawatzky says making his announcement when he did, was to clear the process for others thinking of running. "It's always a concern, but I can only control what I do. I owe it everyone to let people know what I'm doing, and it's debatable when is the best time, but I think this was the best compromise," Sawatzky tells Kiss FM. A couple of current councillors, Mary Jo O' Keefe and Juliette Cunningham, have said they are thinking about running for mayor this fall. The only declared candidate so far is former councillor Klaus Tribes who announced his intentions in April.

No comments: