Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Foster Reacts to Criticism

Posted on 6/1/2016 7:18 AM by Pete McIntyre 107.5 KISSFM
Vernon's MLA is upset at criticism he's received over the latest Stickle Road plan. Eric Foster says a recent media report and editorial questioned why he didn't attend the public open house on the new plan last week. "This was a technical meeting and if I was there, that would be the whole meeting it would be all me! I wanted people to have a good opportunity to look at the plan. I discussed this with the Transportation Department and they felt the same way. This was for people to have a look at the plan." "One of the comments in the Morning Star was I should be listening to what people had to say. You think if I wasn't listening we wouldn't had three different options. That's exactly why we didn't go with the first option, because we listened to what people had to say." Foster says given the support from the city and local politicians, it's safe to say, the Transportation Ministry will move forward with this third plan for the intersection. "The city if happy with it, the regional director is happy with it and I am happy with it, so I think it's safe to say we'll be moving forward with this one."

No comments: