Friday, July 08, 2016

Former Leader Runs For Post Again

Posted on 7/8/2016 1:55 PM by Pete McIntyre 107.5 KISSFM
Brooks first became party leader in 2014, but announced in January 2016 that he would resign from the post after one of the losing candidates launched legal action against Brooks and other party members. “Within a few months of winning the BC Conservative Party leadership, I – along with several other party members – faced legal action by the losing candidate,” says Brooks. “That litigation, based on unfounded speculation and a misrepresentation of the facts, now has entered its third year and has been exceptionally costly for all of the individuals involved. “Fortunately, it has become manifestly evident to all parties over the course of this ordeal that the legal complaint is without merit and has gone – and is going – nowhere. I now am satisfied that the matter no longer will be a burden, financial or otherwise, to me and my family. “With that issue behind me, I therefore am very pleased to announce today that I intend to win election in September as Leader of the BC Conservatives.” The party will choose its new leader at a convention in Prince George on September 17th. Brooks, a 41 year old guide-outfitter who owns Crystal Lake Lodge near Vanderhoof, B.C., was a BC Conservative Party candidate in the 2013 general election.

No comments: