Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Trash Collector Thanked For Civic Pride

Posted on 10/11/2016 6:47 PM by Pete McIntyre 107.5 KISSFM
Helen Sidney says she will remember her visit to City Hall for the rest of her life. The spirited senior citizen was presented with a civic pride plaque from Mayor Akbal Mund for her years of picking up litter on Bella Vista Road. "You are a great example and an inspiration for us to follow and do what we can to keep our beautiful little city the jewel that it is. Vernon is indeed fortunate to have a citizen like you," said Mund. The former school teacher for 42 years, mostly at the brick school in Armstrong, says she can't step over garbage and not pick it up, and she hopes others will follow suit. "This is a wonderful day to me. I'm on cloud nine. I have never been in this room before (City council chambers), but boy, this is something I will remember for the rest of my life. I want to thank everyone for thinking of me, and for this wonderful presentation," said Sidney. Sidney was nominated for the honour by councillor Juliette Cunningham.

No comments: