Monday, November 20, 2017

New Mayor Likely For Coldstream Next Fall

Vernon, BC, Canada / 1075 KISS FM Tom Mark November 20, 2017 07:13 am
As of Nov. 20, 2017
Coldstream could have a new mayor
next year. Jim Garlick tells Kiss FM he’s been thinking about running for re-election, but maybe for a council seat instead of the Mayor’s Chair. “Just out of the idea to give it some continuity, but I’ve been thinking hard on whether to continue as Mayor. That’ll be ten years. I think to step back a little wouldn’t be bad.” Garlick jokes if you stay around too long you gather moss, but says it might be good to have fresh ideas in the office. It’s not that the fire has burned out. “No, It’s just that you get all those things done you wanted to get done and so you gotta sit back and wait for more of them to come forward. But I think a lot of the stuff that I got onto council to do, a lot of that has taken place.” Garlick says one of the biggest issues for him was parks.“I think things with restructuring with parks within the regional district. To have jurisdictions take them back under care and control because more attention is paid to them and I think a better job can be done of it.” He says it’s been gratifying to be part of developing a Master Water Plan and improving roads, bike paths and sidewalk improvements.“I think some really positive things happen in the community and we want to continue that. That’s why I’d like to continue on council moving forward just to ensure that that stays rather than walking away and letting it fall apart because of you get a whole brand new group of people on council, I think, you want to have some continuity.” Garlick says he’s been encouraging some people to think about taking on the challenge.

No comments: