Monday, August 11, 2014

Election Races To Heat Up Soon

Written by Peter McIntyre 107.5 KISSFM Monday, 11 August 2014 06:01
The races for civic elections should start to heat up next month. Several people are said to be considering runs for Vernon mayor, but so far, Klaus Tribes is the only one to declare. The former city councillor says he's had nothing but positive comments since he made his announcement back in April. "I go shopping and people come up to me and say, 'I hope you're going to be our next mayor,' and I don't even know them," says Tribes, who is also a former business owner and police officer. Tribes wasn't surprised current mayor Rob Sawatzky decided not to seek a second term, saying he had assumed that would be the case. "I've been putting together my team and we're working on a number of things, and come September, we'll go full blast," Tribes tells Kiss FM. The official nomination period for municipal candidates is from September 30 to October 10. Election day is November 15.

No comments: