Friday, July 03, 2015

RDCO releases expenses

by Richard Rolke - Vernon Morning Star posted Jul 3, 2015 at 1:00 AM
The North Westside’s former director says he represented residents to the best of his ability. Jim Edgson, who retired in November, had expenses of $8,864, according to the 2014 statement of financial information from the Regional District of Central Okanagan. “Most of it is for driving but I also attended conferences and training sessions for electoral area directors,” he said. Among Edgson’s regular duties were attending meetings with Okanagan Regional Library and the Southern Interior Beetle Action Coalition. “I also felt it was part of my responsibility to get up to date on legal matters,” he said. “To the benefit of constituents, I also decided that I could work with senior government and get things done.” Beyond expenses, Edgson had remuneration of $21,015 in 2014. “I certainly wasn’t in it for the money and I was excited to serve people,” he said. One-third of local government officials’ salary is non-taxable and Edgson says he put that money into a fund for community activities. “People would come to me and up to $600, I’d write a cheque. There was the fire department, the soccer club and for awhile, I helped the farmers market,” he said. Wayne Carson, who was elected North Westside director in November, had a salary of $358 and no expenses. Among other RDCO board members, former chairperson Robert Hobson had remuneration of $37,863 and expenses of $6,353 while Lake Country director James Baker had a salary of $15,113 and expenses of $617. RDCO had total staff salaries of $8.2 million and expenses of $174,967 last year. Leading the pack was chief administrative officer Brian Reardon with a wage of $176,414 and expenses of $9,069.
--------
https://www.regionaldistrict.com/media/181403/2014_Financial_Disclosure_Schedules.pdf

RDCO 2014 Political Salaries
RDCO Staff Remuneration 2014


No comments: