Efforts are underway to ensure items don’t fall off the table at the Regional District of North Okanagan. A specific section will be added to board agendas so directors can ask staff for updates on issues previously brought forward or ask for details on new subjects. “It gives staff an opportunity to bring back information at the next meeting,” said director Juliette Cunningham. “It’s a bit of a tracking system for us.” There’s at least one case where action sought by a board member has not occurred yet. “I’ve asked for tender awards to be on the website for two or three months and they’re still not there,” said director Bob Spiers. While some RDNO staff are concerned about the logistics of the new tracking system and expectations from directors for immediate information, Cunningham insists the program will be similar to the one in place at Vernon city hall. “We don’t expect the answer at that meeting. The answer can come at the next meeting,” she said. “We’re not trying to put extra work on staff.”
Don Quixote Note:
At http://www.rdno.ca/index.php/about/tenders you can see the open tenders. There are 2 o/s at this time.
At http://www.rdno.ca/index.php/about/tenders/public-tenders-rfp-archive you can see the tenders that have closed (And being awarded??) in 2016 and before. In 2016 there are 6 tenders that have closed but no indications of tender contract award or who won the contract.
- Recycling Drop Centre Services: Greater Vernon, Armstrong/Spallumcheen and Lumby Recycling and Disposal Facilities, Cherryville, Kingfisher and Silver Star Transfer Stations- Closing Date: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 11:59 pm
- Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre - Lobby Renovations-Closing Date: Monday, February 29, 2016
- BX Creek Watermain Repairs at 30th Avenue- Closing Date: Monday, February 29, 2016 - 12:00 pm
- Silver Star Transfer Station Operation Services- Closing Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 - 9:57 am
- Kalamalka Lake Intake Modifications -Closing Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 3:00 pm
- South Vernon Irrigation District - East, Pipe Improvements -Closing Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 2:00 pm